(District Rural Development Agency)
District Sirsa (Haryana)
The District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) has traditionally been the principal organ at the District level to oversee the implementation of different anti poverty programmes. The primary objective of DRDA Schemes is to professionalize the DRDAs so that they are able to effectively manage the anti poverty programmes of the Ministry of Rural Development and interact effectively with other agencies.
The Department of Rural Development is implementing a number of programmes in rural areas through the state Governments for poverty reduction, employment generation, rural infrastructure habitant development, provision of basic minimum services etc. The important programmes presently being implemented by the Department are :
1. Panchayati Raj
2. Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)
3. Swarnjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY)
4. Sampoorna Gramin Rozgar Yojana (SGRY)
5. Rural Housing (Indira Awaas Yojana)
6. DRDA Administration
7. Training Schemes
8. Promotion of Voluntary Schemes and Social Action Programme, organization of beneficiaries, advancement and dissemination of rural technology through CAPART.
9. Monitoring mechanism.